CryoSat data is freely and openly available to everyone. Access is provided to all CryoSat systematic data acquired according to the current geographical mode mask.
The following CryoSat products are available:
Products generated by the CryoSat Ice Processor:
- Near Real Time* (SAR, SARIn) – L1B and L2
- Offline Products (LRM, SAR, SARIn) – L1B and L2
- Offline Global Data Record (GDR) Products
- Offline FBR Products (SAR and SARIN)
*FDM production discontinued 01/02/2021
Products generated by the CryoSat Ocean Processor:
- Near-Real Time Ocean Products (NOP) – L1B, L2
- Intermediate Ocean Products (IOP) – L1B, L2 & Pole-to-pole (P2P)
- Geophysical Ocean Products (GOP) – L1B, L2, P2P
Products generated by CryoTEMPO EOLIS (Elevation Over Land Ice from Swath):
- CryoTEMPO EOLIS Point Products - Contain a dense set of elevation measurements for individual observations. Due to the high volume of data, the data has been split into tiles of 100 x 100 km in size.
- CryoTEMPO EOLIS Gridded Products - Contain monthly 2 km resolution DEM with the data sourced from a rolling three month window
Read the CryoSat data description for more information.Processor Releases
Read more about SIRAL's Instrument Processing Facilities
A number of tools are available for visualising, processing and analysing CryoSat data.
VtCryoSat is a tool designed to simplify browsing and downloading CryoSat products through an interactive, graphical web interface.
CryoSat User Tool
The CryoSat User Tool (CUT) is a Windows stand-alone application for displaying and downloading CryoSat products from remote FTP servers or from local directories.
CRYO2ICE Coincident Observations Explorer
Visualise and download the CryoSat-2/ICESat-2 spatial intersections for a given time window with the CRYO2ICE Coincident Observations Explorer.
Data quality reports
CryoSat Quality Control Reports are available in six different varieties covering quality monitoring of ice and ocean products, daily and monthly performance, data unavailability and IPF processing baseline reports.
Download the latest Geographic Mode Mask, which is used in the mission planning and defines the mode switching of the SIRAL instrument.