- Sample Data
PlanetScope Sample Data
PlanetScope data collections consist of up to 20 m resolution data products from PlanetScope's Camera, processed to Level-1B, 3A, and 3B. The following product types are available:
- PlanetScope Basic Analytic Radiance (TOAR) product: A Scaled Top of Atmosphere Radiance (TOAR) (at sensor) and sensor corrected product without correction for any geometric distortions inherent in the imaging processes and is not mapped to a cartographic projection. The product is available in the following band combinations:
- 4 band
- 8 band
- PlanetScope Ortho Scene prodct: Radiometrically-, sensor- and geometrically- corrected, and projected to a UTM/WGS84 cartographic map projection. The product is available with the following types:
- Visual Ortho Scene product: Orthorectified and colour-corrected (using a colour curve) 3-band RGB imagery
- Surface Reflectance product: Orthorectified, 4-band BGRN or 8-band Coastal Blue, Blue, Green I, Green, Yellow, Red, RedEdge, NIR imagery with geometric, radiometric, and surface reflection correction
- Analytic Ortho Scene Surface Reflectance product: Orthorectified, 4-band BGRN or 8-band Coastal Blue, Blue, Green I, Green, Yellow, Red, RedEdge, NIR imagery with geometric, radiometric and calibrated to top of atmosphere radiance
Samples of the PlanetScope products are available over ESA's test site at La Crau in France, which you can use to preview what the data collections offer in order to assess their type and resolution. If you would like to compare PlanetScope products with other missions, download sample data from other Third Party Missions.
Each sample data ZIP file contains a .TIFF image of the processed product, and specifications of the acquired scene.
Download PlanetScope sample data:
- PlanetScope Basic Analytic Radiance (TOAR) product:
- PlanetScope Ortho Scene product:
PlanetScope data collections
If these samples suit your requirements, learn more about the PlanetScope data collections and find out how to download products from this mission:
The PlanetScope ESA Archive collection is open to users following submission of a Fast Registration with Approval. The Full Archive collection is open for research and application development projects only to users located in the territory of ESA Member States (including Canada) and in the European Commission Member States, upon submission of a Project Proposal subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA and the data owner.
Products distributed via ESA dissemination services – nominally those available in the ESA archive collections – are published in EO-SIP format, which is a package that contains the metadata file, browse images, and original data in their native format.