Thermal Infra-Red Scanner (TIRS) CAL/VAL
A comprehensive summary of the issues, impacts and updates to the OLI and TIRS data collection are posted on the Landsat 8 Calibration Notices website.
These pages also address the processing parameters and notify the users about the calibration efforts that address impacts from on-board events and known artefacts.
- Geometric and Spatial Performance of Landsat 8: Presentation highlighting the geometric calibration approach, geometric performance and spatial performance for the OLI and TIRS instruments.
- Landsat 8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) Design, Characterisations and Performance: Paper describing instrument design and pre-launch characterisations of Landsat 8.
- Landsat 8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) Radiometric Performance On-Orbit: Paper describing the on-orbit radiometric performance of the OLI instrument.
- Landsat 8 Operation Land Imager (OLI) On-Orbit Geometric Calibration and Performance: Paper describing the on-orbit geometric calibration activities performed during the commissioning period to refine the prelaunch calibration parameters of the OLI instrument.
- Landsat 8 Thermal Infra-Red Sensor (TIRS) Geometric Characterisation and Calibration: Paper outlining the pre-launch and on-orbit geometric calibration approach of the TIRS instrument.
Extensive validation activities are carried out to ensure the data accuracy of the Landsat project.
- Landsat 8 Thermal Infra-Red Sensor (TIRS) Vicarious Radiometric Calibration: Paper discussing the results of the rigorous vicarious calibration programme put together to validate the absolute calibration of the system.