- VH-RODA 2022
07-Nov - 10-Nov 2022
The Very High-resolution Radar & Optical Data Assessment (VH-RODA) 2022 Workshop held in ESA-ESRIN, Frascati (Italy), from 7 to 10 November 2022.
The 3rd Edition of the VH-RODA Workshop provided an open forum (for the new space, commercial and institutional space sectors) for presenting and discussing about the current status and future developments related to Earth Observation (EO) data quality, calibration and validation of space-borne very high-resolution SAR and Optical sensors and data products, with a dedicated focus on commercial EO data providers and related Cal/Val activities, synergies between optical and SAR communities, presentation of standards and best practices for data quality.
- Calibration Techniques (requirements, definitions, database, methodologies)
- Calibration Sites (cross-cal/val, intercalibration, field campaigns)
- Fiducial Reference Measurements
- Analysis Ready Data, Digital Elevation Models
- Quality Control, Best Practice, Product Validation
- Processing and Algorithms (including Artificial Intelligence for Cal/Val)
- Cal/Val and Data quality for Constellations and Big Data
- Calibration of Future Missions (Innovative instrument concepts)
Schedule and Deadlines
|New Abstract submission deadline||3 October|
|Acceptance notification||10 October|
|VH-RODA Workshop||7 -10 November|
Guidelines for Authors
- Presenters shall respect the allocated time (see the Agenda) per presentation.
- Please name your presentation Presenter_Name.type (e.g., Name_Surname.ppt).
- Bring it on a USB stick the day of your presentation (make a folder if not a single file).
- At the beginning of the day, when your presentation is scheduled, please provide your presentation.
- Presenters are kindly requested to be present in the meeting room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session and to make their presence known to the chair of the session.
- Presenters are welcome to use the PPT template for oral presentations, available here.
- Presenters at the poster sessions shall bring their own printed posters. Posters should be mounted as soon as possible and will be shown for the all Workshop.
- Presenters are welcome to use the template for poster presentations, available here.
- The maximum poster size is A0, Portrait orientation. The poster boards will be 200cm high and 1m wide.
- Formal poster sessions are held during Apericena, but coffee breaks could also be opportunities to present the posters.
Venue and Accommodation
ESA’s Centre for Earth Observation (ESRIN) will host the conference. It is located in Frascati, a small town 20km south-east of Rome in Italy.
Please click here for information about how to travel to ESRIN.
ESA-ESRINLargo Galileo Galilei, 1 00044 Frascati (RM), Italy
- Philippe Goryl, Clément Albinet and Valentina Boccia (ESA)
- Nigel Fox (UKSA)
- Sebastian Fischer (DLR)
- Robin Faivre (CNES)
- Patrizia Sacco (ASI)
3rd VH-RODA Workshop Organising Committee
- Philippe Goryl (ESA)
- Clément Albinet (ESA)
- Sabrina Pinori (Serco)
- Valentina Boccia (ESA)
- Peggy Fischer (ESA)
- Muriel Pinheiro (ESA)
- Leonardo De Laurentiis (ESA)
- Antonio Valentino (RHEA)
- Rosalia Fonseca (ESA)
- Montserrat Del Riego Gelabert (SOLENIX)
For any information about the VH-RODA Workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online