- GEOSAT-2 full archive and task...
GEOSAT-2 full archive and tasking
How To Access Data
Project Proposal (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form with your proposed use of the data
- The proposal will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes between 4 and 6 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to order the data.
The collection is open for research and application development, prototype and test projects to worldwide users but GEOSAT can introduce limitations due to security regulations.
Data are available to order on demand upon submission of a Project Proposal subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA.
ESA will support as many high-quality and innovative projects as possible within the quota limit available, therefore only a limited amount of products can be allowed to each project.
The list of available archived data can be retrieved using the GEOSAT catalogue.
All details about data provision and availability, data access conditions, usage restrictions and the quota assignment procedure are described in the Terms of Applicability document available in the Resources section.
If you need help with the proposal form, consult this guide on how to access data requiring a project proposal.
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to prepare your proposal or access the data, please contact EOHelp.
GEOSAT-2 full archive and new tasking products are available in different bands combinations:
- Pan-sharpened (4 bands, 321 Natural Colours or 432 False Colours): A four-band image, resulting from adding the information of each multispectral band to the panchromatic band. The fusion does not preserves all spectral features of the multispectral bands, so it should not be used for radiometric purposes. Resolution 1m (L1B), 0.75m (L1C) or 0.40m (L1D); Bands: All, R-G-B or Ni-R-G
- Panchromatic: Single-band image coming from the panchromatic sensor. Resolution 1m (L1B) or 0.75m (L1C)
- Multispectral: Four-band image coming for the multispectral sensor, with band co-registration. Resolution 4m (L1B) or 3m (L1C)
- Bundle: Panchromatic + Multispectral bands: five-band image containing the panchromatic and multispectral products packaged together, with band co-registration. Resolution 1m+4m (L1B), 0.75m+3m (L1C) or 0.40m+1.6m (L1D);
And in addition:
- Stereo Pair: Obtained from two acquisitions of the same target performed from different viewpoints in the same pass by using the agility feature of the platform. It can be provided as a pair of pan-sharpened or panchromatic images.
The image products are delivered in GeoTIFF image format by default. JPEG-2000 format is also available on demand. Available processing levels are ortho-ready L1B (not resampled) and ortho L1C (orthorectified and resampled ).
In addition, for Pan-sharpened and Bundle, also L1D (enhanced ortho) super-resolution products are available: based on artificial intelligence, this technology increases the original resolution and detail of an image without losing quality with respect to the original product.
|Processing Level and Spatial Resolution
|L1D (Enhanced Ortho)
|R, G, B
|NI, R, G
|Only Pan band
|Only MS band
|1.0 m (P), 4.0 m (MS)
|0.75 m (P), 3.0 m (MS)
|0.4 m (P), 1.6 m (MS)
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Specific restrictions to the use of data may apply for TPMs according to the terms of applicability valid for each mission. Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.