- GEOSAT-1 full archive and task...
GEOSAT-1 full archive and tasking
How To Access Data
Project Proposal (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form with your proposed use of the data
- The proposal will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes between 4 and 6 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to order the data.
The collection is open for research and application development, prototype and test projects to worldwide users but GEOSAT can introduce limitations due to security regulations.
Data are available to order on demand upon submission of a Project Proposal subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA.
ESA will support as many high-quality and innovative projects as possible within the quota limit available, therefore only a limited amount of products can be allowed to each project.
The list of available archived data can be retrieved using the GEOSAT catalogue.
All details about data provision and availability, data access conditions, usage restrictions and the quota assignment procedure are described in the Terms of Applicability document available in the Resources section.
If you need help with the proposal form, consult this guide on how to access data requiring a project proposal.
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to prepare your proposal or access the data, please contact EOHelp.
GEOSAT-1 full archive and new tasking products are available at 22 m resolution in two processing levels.
- L1R (Basic Geopositioned): All 3 spectral channels combined into a band-registered image. Geopositioned product based on sensor model. Coefficients derived from satellite orientation parameters coming from telemetry and appended to metadata
- L1T (L1R orthorectified): Orthorectified to sub-pixel accuracy (10 metres RMS error approximately) with respect to Landsat ETM+ reference data and hole-filled seamless SRTM DEM data V3, 2006 (90 m).
GEOSAT-1 products are provided in DIMAP format. The image products are delivered in the TIFF and GeoTIFF image formats by default. All products can be provided in False Colours (R,G,NIR) or Natural Colours (R, G, Synthetic Blue).
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Specific restrictions to the use of data may apply for TPMs according to the terms of applicability valid for each mission. Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.