The SAR Precision product is a multi-look (speckle-reduced), ground range image acquired in Image Mode. This product type is most applicable to users interested in remote sensing applications, but is also suitable for calibration purposes. The products are calibrated and corrected for the SAR antenna pattern and range-spreading loss. Radar backscatter can be derived from the products for geophysical modelling, but no correction is applied for terrain-induced radiometric effects. The images are not geocoded, and terrain distortion (foreshortening and layover) has not been removed.
The numbering sequence relates to the satellite position and therefore differs between Ascending and Descending scenes.
- Pixel size: 12.5 m (range - across track) x 12.5 m (azimuth - along track)
- Scene area: 100 km (range) x at least 102.5 km (azimuth)
- Scene size: 8000 pixels range x at least 8200 lines (azimuth)
- Pixel depth: 16 bits unsigned integer
- Total product volume: 125 MB
- Projection: Ground-range
- Number of looks: 3