- ERS-1/2 Radar Altimeter REAPER...
ERS-1/2 Radar Altimeter REAPER Geophysical Data Record - GDR [ERS_ALT_2]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Immediate Access (Open)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Fill in and submit the form for accessing the data
- You will receive an email with your user name
- A second email will follow with your password to download the data from ftp://ra-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int/ via an FTP client.
This is a RA Geophysical Data Record (GDR) product containing radar range, orbital altitude, wind speed, wave height and water vapour from the ATSR/MWR as well as geophysical corrections.
The REAPER (REprocessing of Altimeter Products for ERS) product is generated by applying a similar processing as for Envisat RA-2 on the Level 1b consolidated waveforms using 4 different re-trackers, RA calibration improvement, new precise orbit solution (POD), new ionospheric corrections (NICO09 until 1998 and GIM up to 2003), ECMWF ERA-interim model and updated SSB tables.
This product contains two data rates: a low rate of 1Hz and a high rate of 20Hz.
Most 1Hz data is also represented at 20Hz, while microwave radiometer (ATSR/MWR) data and the atmospheric and geophysical corrections are only given at 1 Hz.
The REAPER GDR (ERS_ALT_2_) is a global product including data over ocean, ice and land.
It should be noted that this product differs from the Envisat RA2 in the following ways:
- The product format; which is NetCDF (more details can be found in the Product Handbook, and not PDS
- The product is delivered based on orbit acquisition and not per pass (pole-to-pole).
This product is extended through Envisat RA-2 data.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2014, ERS-1/2 Radar Altimeter REAPER Geophysical Data Record - GDR [ERS_ALT_2], Version 1.08.https://doi.org/10.57780/ers-eae8fed
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
ERS Reaper Activity
Envisat RA Sensor Performance, Products and Algorithms
More RA Documents
RA Software Tools
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice