- Envisat RA-2 Geophysical Data ...
Envisat RA-2 Geophysical Data Record - GDR [RA2_GDR__2P]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Immediate Access (Open)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- You will receive an email with your user name
- A second email will follow with your password to download the data from the ra-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int ftp server via an FTP client (see Read More for connection details) or, alternatively, from command line using L-FTP.
The data can be downloaded via an FTP client (e.g., FileZilla or WinSCP) using the options "explicit FTP over TLS if available" or "Require explicit FTP over TLS".
See Envisat RA-2/MWR products availability table.
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to access the data, please contact EOHelp.
This is a RA-2 Geophysical Data Record (GDR) Full Mission Reprocessing (FMR) V3 product containing radar range and orbital altitude, wind speed, wave height, water vapour from the MWR and geophysical corrections. This FMR follows the first Envisat Altimetry reprocessing Version (V2.1) completed in 2012. The GDR and S-GDR data products were reprocessed for all cycles from 6 to 113 (May 2002 to April 2012) into a homogeneous standard in NetCDF format (close to Sentinel-3).
For many aspects, the V3.0 reprocessed data are better than the previous dataset:
- In terms of available and valid data, the coverage is better, notably thanks to a better availability of MWR data at the beginning of the mission
- In terms of performance at cross-overs, the quality is improved: the annual signal and average of Mean SSH is decreased, as well as the standard deviation
- The new MWR characteristics were shown to improve largely the global quality of data. As well as the new tide model, the new MSS and the new orbit standard
- The Global and regional Mean Sea Level trend is very weakly impacted though the effort was put, this time, on the mesoscale restitution, rather than long term drift, as during V2.1 reprocessing.
Please consult the Envisat RA-2/MWR Product Quality Readme file PDF before using the data.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2018, RA-2 Geophysical Data Record. Version 3.0.https://doi.org/10.5270/EN1-ajb696a
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
Envisat RA-2 MWR Sensor Performance, Products and Algorithms
RA-2 Product Handbook
RA-2 Product Specifications
Envisat RA-2/MWR Product Quality Readme File
Envisat Altimetry Error Budget
RA-2 Software Tools
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal