- Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located...
Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located and calibrated atmospheric spectra [MIP_NL__1P]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Immediate Access (Open)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- You will receive an email with your user name
- A second email will follow with your password to download the data from ftp://mip-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int/ via an FTP client.
This MIPAS Level 1 data product covers the geo-located, spectrally and radiometrically calibrated limb emission spectra in the 685-2410 cm-1 wave number range. It comprises 5 bands: 685-980 cm-1, 1010-1180 cm-1, 1205-1510 cm-1, 1560-1760 cm-1, 1810-2410 cm-1 and covers the following spatial ranges:
- Tangent height range: 5 to 170 km
- Pointing range: (azimuth pointing range relative to satellite velocity vector): 160° - 195° (rearward anti-flight direction); 80° - 110° (sideward anti-Sun direction).
The instantaneous field of view (IFOV) is 0.05230 (elevation) x 0.5230 (azimuth)°. The length of measurement cell for an individual height step is approximately 300-500 km (dependent on tangent height and optical properties of the atmosphere). The spectral resolution spans from 0.030 to 0.035 cm-1, with a radiometric sensitivity of 4.2 to 50 nW / cm-1 / sr / cm2.
The resolution range of the dataset is: 3 km (vertical) x 30 km (horizontal) at the tangent point.
Please consult the Product Quality Readme file for MIPAS Level 1b IPF 8.03 before using the data.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2019, Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located and Calibrated Atmospheric Spectra Product. Version 8.03.https://doi.org/10.5270/EN1-77pi5sd
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
MIPAS Level 1 v8.03 Product Quality Readme File
MIPAS Level 1 v8.03 Reprocessing – Technical Documentation
More MIPAS Documents
MIPAS Software Tools
MIPAS auxiliary data
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online