- Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located...
Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located and calibrated atmospheric spectra [MIP_NL__1P]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Immediate Access (Open)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- You will receive an email with your user name
- A second email will follow with your password to download the data from ftp://mip-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int/ via an FTP client.
This MIPAS Level 1 data product covers the geo-located, spectrally and radiometrically calibrated limb emission spectra in the 685-2410 cm-1 wave number range. It comprises 5 bands: 685-980 cm-1, 1010-1180 cm-1, 1205-1510 cm-1, 1560-1760 cm-1, 1810-2410 cm-1 and covers the following spatial ranges:
- Tangent height range: 5 to 170 km
- Pointing range: (azimuth pointing range relative to satellite velocity vector): 160° - 195° (rearward anti-flight direction); 80° - 110° (sideward anti-Sun direction).
The instantaneous field of view (IFOV) is 0.05230 (elevation) x 0.5230 (azimuth)°. The length of measurement cell for an individual height step is approximately 300-500 km (dependent on tangent height and optical properties of the atmosphere). The spectral resolution spans from 0.030 to 0.035 cm-1, with a radiometric sensitivity of 4.2 to 50 nW / cm-1 / sr / cm2.
The resolution range of the dataset is: 3 km (vertical) x 30 km (horizontal) at the tangent point.
Please consult the Product Quality Readme file for MIPAS Level 1b IPF 8.03 before using the data.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2019, Envisat MIPAS L1 - Geo-located and Calibrated Atmospheric Spectra Product. Version 8.03.https://doi.org/10.5270/EN1-77pi5sd
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
MIPAS Level 1 v8.03 Product Quality Readme File
MIPAS Level 1 v8.03 Reprocessing – Technical Documentation
More MIPAS Documents
MIPAS Software Tools
MIPAS auxiliary data
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice