- Envisat ASAR Alternating Polar...
Envisat ASAR Alternating Polarisation Mode Co- and Cross-polar Level 0 [ASA_APC/APH/APV_0P]
How To Access Data
Data Service Request (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to download the data from the Dissemination Service.
The ASAR Alternating Polarization Mode Level 0 (Co-polar and Cross-polar H and V) products contain time-ordered Annotated Instrument Source Packets (AISPs) corresponding to one of the three possible polarisation combinations: HH & HV, VV & VH and HH & VV, respectively. The echo samples in the AISPs have been compressed to 4 bits/sample using FBAQ.
This is a high-rate, narrow swath mode, so data is only acquired for partial orbit segments. There are two co-registered images per acquisition and may be from one of seven different image swaths. The Level 0 product was produced systematically for all data acquired within this mode. Data Size: 56-100 km across track x 100 km along track.
There are three AP Mode Level 0 products:
- ASA_APH_0P: The Cross-polar H Level 0 product corresponds to the polarisation combination HH/HV.
- ASA_APV_0P: The Cross-polar V Level 0 product corresponds to the polarisation combination VV/VH.
- ASA_APC_0P: The Co-polar Level 0 product corresponds to the polarisation combination HH/VV= H and H received/V transmit and V received.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2016, Envisat ASAR Alternating Polarisation Mode L0 Product. IPF version 6.03.http://doi.org/10.5270/EN1-u55aesn
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
ASAR auxiliary data
ASAR On The Fly User Manual
ASAR Products Specification - Revision C
Envisat ASAR Sensor Performance, Products and Algorithms
Envisat ASAR Science and Applications
ASAR Product Handbook
ASAR Product Quality Disclaimer
ASAR Products Anomalies
More ASAR Documents
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice