- How to request additional data...
How to request additional data within a Project Proposal via progress report
19 Dec 2023
Project Proposals are required to request access to restrained datasets, usually offered for Third Party Mission products distributed by ESA. Restrained datasets requiring a Project Proposal have a quota of how much data may be requested, and this quota can be extended upon request by submitting a Progress Report. The report must be submitted by the Principal Investigator (PI) of the project.
This guide outlines how to complete and submit a progress report in order to request a quota extension. Learn how to submit a Project Proposal in our detailed guide.
Begin the process of submitting a progress report by opening the TellUS Service Catalogue.
In the catalogue, open the "Data Access Services" category, and then "Data Access Administration".
Select the "Publication of Project Proposal Reports" request type. If you are not already logged in to your EO Sign-In account, you will be prompted to do so when opening this form.
We suggest that PIs prepare the text for the report in a word-processing application for reference, and then copy and paste it into the relevant fields.
The following fields are mandatory in the report submission form:
- Project Proposal: Select the ID of the project for which the PI intends to submit the report
- Report type: Select "Progress"
- Status of the project: Briefly provide a status update of the activities within the project compared to the original schedule, and any past or future project milestones
Though not mandatory, we recommended completing the following fields, too:
- Problems: Specify why additional data is needed for the project
- Additional data needed: Specify the amount and type of the requested products
- Achievements: Explain the expected contribution additional data may provide to the research
Under "Public availability of information and attached documents", select "Yes" or "No" depending on whether you wish the report to be made publicly available.
When you have completed all of the relevant fields in the report form, use the "Submit" button to send the report for evaluation. You will be notified of the outcome of the evaluation via email.