- 3rd Advanced Training Course o...
3rd Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing 2011
12-Sep - 16-Sep 2011
Part of ESA's series of advanced thematic training courses, this advanced training course focused on land remote sensing theory and applications. It was organised around four main components:
- Theoretical fundamentals of SAR, Optical and Thermal remote sensing, focussing on exploitation of ESA and Third Party missions and products
- EO land applications lectures (urban planning, land cover, hazards, terrain motion, forest bio-physical retrievals and regional water balance)
- Practicals using ESA toolboxes (BEAM, NEST and POLSARPRO) and complimentary data sets
- EO data processing and product demonstration for land resources monitoring.
All four components addressed both SAR and Optical/Thermal remote sensing. The training course included formal lectures by leading scientists as well as hands-on computing exercises exposing students to remote sensing applications. Practicals used ESA software tools for the exploitation of EO data, with a focus on Envisat, ERS, Explorers (SMOS) and TPM (PROBA, ALOS) data products for land applications.
- training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- introducing available tools and methods for the exploitation of ERS, Envisat, TPM and Explorers satellite data;
- stimulating and supporting the exploitation of ESA EO and Third Party Mission (TPM) remote sensing data for land applications.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online