- Insurance Industry Workshop on...
Insurance Industry Workshop on Earth Observation
23-Feb - 24-Feb 2012
ESA/ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The European Space Agency hosted an industry workshop in ESA-ESRIN in Frascati, Italy on 23 and 24 February 2012.
Earth Observation (EO) data and services can deliver significant benefits to the scientific, public and private sector communities and this workshop examined the potential value of this data to the insurance industry.
It was a unique gathering, bringing together colleagues from the Insurance and Reinsurance communities with the Earth Observation community to address real challenges faced in the drive to realise the benefits of using EO information in global insurance processes and products.
The workshop objectives were:
- To ensure that the re/insurance community is aware of current and new generation Earth Observation capabilities
- To provide an opportunity for key personnel from both insurance and space industries to exchange ideas and develop new possibilities
- Identify blockages to increased uptake of Earth Observation based services, short and long term
- Develop ideas for new innovative Earth Observation products relevant to the Re/insurance industry
- To communicate Re/insurance requirements to satellite operators and service providers, so that the space sector can work to meet these requirements
Swiss Re workshop final report (171 KB)
Insurance industry workshop on Earth Observation - presentations (31,8 MB)
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice