- IDEAS+ Cal/Val Workshop#7
IDEAS+ Cal/Val Workshop 7
04-Jun - 05-Jun 2019
Wageningen, The Netherlands
The IDEAS+ (Instrument Data quality Evaluation and Analysis Service) consortium is responsible, on behalf of ESA's Sensor Performance, Products and Algorithms (SPPA) section, for ensuring the best data quality of ESA operational EO missions. This includes a wide range of activities, spanning from Routine Quality Control to the Algorithm Development and Cal/Val (Calibration/Validation).
In the frame of the IDEAS+ consortium, the Task 3-Cal/Val team is where innovative ideas are promoted and incubated with the goal of further improving algorithm specifications, calibration and validation protocols, and data quality assessment procedures. Regular workshops are held every nine months with the whole IDEAS+ Task 3-Cal/Val team in order to review the status of current activities, foster synergies among the various groups and agree on the planning for the future.
The 7th IDEAS+ Cal/Val Workshop took place on 4 and 5 June 2019 and it was hosted at the Wageningen University and Research (WUR) in The Netherlands.
The main objectives of the workshop were:
- To review the status and achievements of IDEAS+ Cal/Val projects and to discuss the potential evolution activities
- To encourage synergies across different Cal/Val activities
- To foster new ideas and explore potential evolutions
- To formulate recommendations for improvements on Cal/Val protocols/methodologies, validation data analysis and associated algorithm baseline evolution
The main outcome of the workshop was a set of recommendations on how to refine/improve current ESA SPPA Cal/Val strategy.
If you need further information about this workshop, please contact Dr. Fabrizio Niro
- Philippe Goryl (ESA)
- Fabrizio Niro (Serco)
- Martin Herold (WUR)
- Benjamin Brede (WUR)
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice