The Geological Remote Sensing Group (GRSG) held its 26th Annual Conference 'Challenges in Geological Remote Sensing' at ESA-ESRIN, in Frascati, Italy from 9 to 11 December 2015.
The conference theme focused on a wide range of remote sensing applications, tools, latest developments and sensors with a particular focus on addressing the challenges faced in the following areas:
- Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Oil and Gas
- Big Data and Thematic Exploitation Platforms
- Planetary science and comparative geomorphology
- Geological applications (geological mapping, lithological classification, tectonics, seismology)
- Terrain, Bathymetry and Elevation models
- Classification, multi-temporal analysis and modelling
- New sensors: Sentinel applications, technological developments, analytical methods and algorithms
- Hyperspectral and Multispectral
- Radar / InSAR
This meeting and social events weremade possible by the generous sponsorship received from the geological remote sensing community.