- Atmospheric Science Conference...
Atmospheric Science Conference 2006
08-May - 12-May 2006
ESA/ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The European Space Agency organised a Europhysics Conference on the topical theme atmosphere to provide scientists and data users with the opportunity to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their ongoing research activities on the ERS-2/GOME-1, ENVISAT/GOMOS/MIPAS/SCIAMACHY, EOS-AURA/OMI and ACE/FTS/MAESTRO instruments.
The conference included discussions on applications, data quality, and the development of new algorithms and data products.
The objectives of the Atmospheric Science Conference 2006 were to:
- Provide a forum for ESA Principal Investigators to present results of AO and Cat1 projects
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange of scientists using atmospheric satellite measurements
- Inform data users about instrument performance, data processing and product quality
- Discuss various aspects of the data ordering process, data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of different atmospheric instruments
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of atmospheric and optical instruments (e.g. AATSR/SCIAMACHY)
- Formulate recommendations for algorithm development.
The conference themes were:
- Instrument Performance
- Products and algorithms, data processing, and data quality
- Remote sensing of trace gases in the stratosphere and troposphere
- Remote sensing of clouds, aerosols and UV information
- Air pollution monitoring
- Data assimilation techniques
- Atmospheric applications development
- User Tools
Atmospheric Science Conference 2006 - part 1 (108 MB)
Atmospheric Science Conference 2006 - part 2 (174 MB)
Atmospheric Science Conference 2006 Session Summaries (5.28 MB)
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice