- Atmospheric Science Conference...
Atmospheric Science Conference 2009
07-Sep - 11-Sep 2009
The European Space Agency organised a Scientific Conference on the topical theme atmosphere to provide scientists and data users with the opportunity to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their ongoing research activities on the atmospheric payload of the satellites ERS-2 and Envisat as well as ESA Third Party Missions on board the EOS-AURA, ACE, Odin and GOSAT satellites.
The conference included discussions on applications, data quality, the development of new algorithms/data products, and studies on future atmospheric missions.
The objectives of the Atmospheric Science Conference 2009 were to:
- Provide a forum for ESA Principal Investigators to present results of AO and Cat1 projects
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange of scientists using atmospheric satellite measurements
- Inform data users about instrument performance, data processing and product quality
- Discuss various aspects of the data ordering process, data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of different atmospheric instruments
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of atmospheric and optical instruments (e.g. AATSR/SCIAMACHY)
- Formulate recommendations for algorithm development
The conference themes were:
- Data Quality
- Troposphere/Air Quality
- Greenhouse Gases
- Upper Atmosphere
- Applications/Data Assimilation
- Future Mission Studies