- 2nd Advanced Training Course o...
2nd Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing 2009
28-Jun - 03-Jul 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Part of ESA's series of advanced thematic training courses, this advanced training course focused on land remote sensing theory and applications. It was organised around four main components:
- Theoretical fundamentals of SAR, Optical and Thermal remote sensing,
- ESA and Third Party missions and products
- EO land applications lectures (urban planning, land cover, damage assessment)
- Practicals using ESA toolboxes (BEAM, BEST, POLSARPRO) on land resources monitoring.
All four components addressed both SAR and Optical/Thermal remote sensing. The training course included formal lectures by leading scientists as well as hands-on computing exercises exposing students to remote sensing applications. Practicals used ESA software tools for the exploitation of EO data, with a focus on Envisat, ERS, Explorers (SMOS) and TPM (PROBA, ALOS) data products for land applications.
The objectives of the Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing 2009 were:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- Introducing available tools and methods for the exploitation of ERS, Envisat, TPM and Explorers satellite data;
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of ESA EO and Third Party Mission (TPM) remote sensing data for land applications
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice