As part of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element the European Space Agency (ESA) organised a series of advanced thematic training courses devoted to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to use data from ESA and operational EO Missions for science and applications development.
The 3rd Advanced Training Course on Ocean Remote Sensing was held in Cork, at the National Maritime College of Ireland from 23 to 27 September 2013.
The advanced ocean training course aimed at:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs)
- Teaching and demonstrating theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in applications
- Introducing tools and methods for the exploitation of EO satellite data
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of EO remote sensing data in ocean applications
- Preparation for the scientific utilisation of data from the Copernicus Sentinel satellite series