- 2nd Advanced Course on Radar P...
2nd Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry 2013
21-Jan - 25-Jan 2013
The European Space Agency organised the 2nd Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry, which was held at ESA ESRIN, in Frascati, Italy from 21 to 25 January 2013.
The main objectives of the 2nd Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry were to:
- Train the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs)
- Explain theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in applications
- Introduce available tools and methods for the exploitation of dual polarisation and fully polarimetric data
- Provide first-hand and up-to-date information on the state of the art in Radar Polarimetry and Polarimetric SAR Interferometry
The advanced course provided a substantial and balanced introduction to the basics and advanced concepts of theory, scattering concepts, systems and applications typical of radar polarimetric remote sensing.
The course included theoretical lectures as well as hands-on computing exercises exposing students to PolSAR and Pol-InSAR data processing for remote sensing applications, illustrating mainly the use of PolSARpro software, the ESA Toolbox for exploitation of EO SAR polarimetric data, with a focus on full-pol spaceborne (ALOS, RADARSAT-2, TerraSAR-X) products.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online