- SPOT-6 to 7 full archive and t...
SPOT-6 to 7 full archive and tasking
How To Access Data
Project Proposal (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form with your proposed use of the data
- The proposal will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes between 4 and 6 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to order the data.
The collection is open for research and application development, prototype and test projects to users located in the territory of ESA Member States (including Canada) and in the European Commission Member States.
Data are available to order on demand upon submission of a Project Proposal subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA and the data owner.
ESA will support as many high-quality and innovative projects as possible within the quota limit available, therefore only a limited amount of products can be allowed to each project.
The products are available as part of the Airbus provision from Pleiades and Spot missions. The SPOT collection offers worldwide coverage: the GeoStore Catalogue can be accessed (self-registration requested) to discover and check the data readiness.
To complement the traditional and fully customised ordering and download of selected Pléiades and SPOT images in a variety of data formats, you can also subscribe to the OneAtlas Living Library where the entire OneAtlas optical archive is made available and updated on a daily basis.
Search (based on parameter or AOI) and View functionalities are accessible via the OneAtlas Living Library portal or via API. In streaming mode, the library offers three different subscription packages:
- A limit of 80,000 tiles (corresponding to 8,000 km2)
- A limit of 160,000 tiles (corresponding to 16,000 km2)
- An all-you-can-eat (unlimited) access.
For download, two different subscription packages are available:
- Package A (up to 7,500 km2)
- Package B (up to 15,200 km2)
Subscriptions are active for one year.
All details about data provision and availability, data access conditions, usage restrictions and the quota assignment procedure are described in the Terms of Applicability document available in the Resources section.
If you need help with the proposal form, consult this guide on how to access data requiring a project proposal.
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to prepare your proposal or access the data, please contact EOHelp.
The SPOT 6 and 7 satellites ensure data continuity with the no longer operational SPOT 5 satellite and provide an archive of very high resolution optical acquisition as well as the possibility to task the satellites for new acquisitions.
Following the completion of the SPOT 7 mission in March 2023, new acquisition tasking is only available for the SPOT 6 satellite.
The ortho-products are automatically generated by the SPOT 6 and 7 ground segment, based on SRTM database or Reference3D when available. The projection available for SPOT 6 and 7 ortho-products is UTM, datum WGS84.
- Pansharpened: colour image at 1.5 m resolution
- Bundle: 1.5 m panchromatic image and 6 m multispectral image.
Geometric processing levels:
- Primary: The Primary product is the processing level closest to the natural image acquired by the sensor. This product restores perfect collection conditions: the sensor is placed in rectilinear geometry, and the image is clear of all radiometric distortion.
- Standard Ortho: The Ortho product is a georeferenced image in Earth geometry, corrected from acquisition and terrain off-nadir effects.
- Tailored ortho: Aside from the Standard Ortho product, when different specifications are needed, a custom orthorectification, with a more precise 3D model provided by the client or acquired for the purpose, can be provided on demand.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
SPOT-6 to 7 Products Description
SPOTMaps Technical Information
SPOTMaps 2.5 Geographical Coverage
SPOT 6&7 Imagery User Guide
Data Access Information
OneAtlas Living Library
SPOT and Pleiades Terms of Applicability
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal