- GHGSat archive and tasking
GHGSat archive and tasking
How To Access Data
Project Proposal (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form with your proposed use of the data
- The proposal will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes between 4 and 6 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to order the data.
The collection is open for research and application development, prototype and test projects to worldwide users but GHGSat can introduce limitations to users located in countries that are under Government of Canada sanction.
Data are available to order on demand upon submission of a Project Proposal subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA and the data owner.
ESA will support as many high-quality and innovative projects as possible within the quota limit available, therefore only a limited amount of products can be allowed to each project. To identify data availability for your site of interest, you may use the GHGSat online Spectra catalogue. A request for a temporary user account must be submitted to GHGSat Inc. in order to access the catalogue.
Availability and restrictions to the use of the data are described in the Terms of Applicability document.
If you need help with the proposal form, consult this guide on how to access data requiring a project proposal.
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to prepare your proposal or access the data, please contact EOHelp.
The following products are made available:
- Abundance dataset (Level 2): Set of per-pixel abundances (ppb or mol/m2) for a single species, and per-pixel measurement error expressed as a standard deviation for a single site on a single satellite pass. Data format is GeoTIFF (16-bit) or optionally GeoTIFF (32-bit or 64-bit floating point)
- Concentration Maps (Level 2): High readability pseudocolour map combining surface reflectance, and column density expressed in ppb or mol/m2 for a single species in PNG (optional PDF) format. The relevant abundance dataset is provided as well.
- Emission Rates (Level 4): Instantaneous emission rate from targeted source estimated using abundance datasets from a single satellite pass and applying dispersion modelling techniques in PDF format. The delivered product includes the emission rate estimate with uncertainty and key dispersion parameters (in CSV format) as well as the abundance dataset used for the emission estimate.
The properties of available products are summarised in the table.
|Band(s) / Beam Mode(s) and Polarisation||SWIR (1635-1675 nm), multiple bands, unpolarised|
|Spatial Resolution||<30 m|
|Scene size||12 km x 12 km|
|Geometric Corrections||Radial distortion, perspective projection|
|Radiometric Corrections||Detector pixel response, ghosting, spectral response, atmospheric correction including trace gas modelling and surface reflectance|
Details about the data provision, data access conditions and quota assignment procedure are described in the GHGSat Terms of Applicability.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Specific restrictions to the use of data may apply for TPMs according to the terms of applicability valid for each mission. Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online