- European Cities: Cartosat-1 Eu...
European Cities: Cartosat-1 Euro-Maps 3D
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Approval (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 days
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email
- A second email will follow with details of where to download the data
- Search and download the products from the dissemination service (via a map).
All products are freely accessible in accordance with ESA’s Earth observation data to users located in ESA Member States (including Canada) and European Commission Member States. An active EO Sign In account is required to download the products.
In ESA's Third Party Missions (TPM) dissemination service and catalogue the data is collection based and allows data browse and download through the treeview as well as via geographical search using a static map.
New users can register an account on EO Sign In. For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to access the data, please contact EOHelp.
A large number of European cities are covered by this dataset; for each city you can find one or more Cartosat-1 ortho image products and one or more Euro-Maps 3D DSM tiles clipped to the extent of the ortho coverage.
The Euro-Maps 3D DSM is a homogeneous, 5 m spaced Digital Surface Model semi-automatically derived from 2.5 m Cartosat-1 in-flight stereo data with a vertical accuracy of 10 m. The very detailed and accurate representation of the surface is achieved by using a sophisticated and well adapted algorithm implemented on the basis of the Semi-Global Matching approach. The final product includes several pixel-based quality and traceability layers:
- The dsm layer (*_dsm.tif) contains the elevation heights as a geocoded raster file
- The source layer (*_src.tif) contains information about the data source for each height value/pixel
- The number layer (*_num.tif) contains for each height value/pixel the number of IRS-P5 Cartosat-1 stereo pairs used for the generation of the DEM
- The quality layer (*_qc.tif) is set to 1 for each height/pixel value derived from IRS-P5 Cartosat-1 data and which meets or exceeds the product specifications
- The accuracy vertical layer (*_acv.tif) contains the absolute vertical accuracy for each quality controlled height value/pixel.
The ortho image is a Panchromatic image at 2.5 m resolution. The following table defines the offered product types.
|EO-SIP product type||Description|
|PAN_PAM_3O||IRS-P5 Cartosat-1 ortho image|
|DSM_DEM_3D||IRS-P5 Cartosat-1 DSM|
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online