- ERS-1/2 SCATTEROMETER Nominal ...
ERS-1/2 SCATTEROMETER Nominal Resolution back-scattering measurements, Ocean Wind field [UWI]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Immediate Access (Open)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Fill in and submit the form for accessing the data
- You will receive an email with your user name
- A second email will follow with your password to download the data from ftp://erswsc-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int/ via an FTP client
The ERS data reprocessed with the ASPS facility is also available in the UWI format to maintain the compatibility with the FD (Fast Delivery) products.
The ASPS UWI product is organised in frames of 500 x 500 km providing the radar backscattering sigma nought for the three beams of the instrument plus the wind speed and direction.
The wind retrieval is performed with the CMOD5N geophysical model function derived by ECMWF to compute the neutral winds rather than 10m winds.
ASPS UWI products are provided with a spatial resolution of 50x50km and a grid spacing of 25 km. One product covers one orbit from ascending node crossing.
Please consult the Product Quality Readme file before using the ERS ASPS data.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Documentation related to SCATTEROMETER data
SCATTEROMETER Quality Information
More SCATTEROMETER documents
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice