- Envisat ASAR WS Single Look Co...
Envisat ASAR WS Single Look Complex L1 [ASA_WSS_1P]
Envisat ASAR Wide Swath Single Look ComplexGo to Envisat
How To Access Data
EO Sign In Authentication (Open)
- Go to the Dissemination Service
- Find the product you want via a map using the catalogue search
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
The Level-1B data product offered by ESA from the ASAR Wide-Swath Mode (WS) is a multi-look detected product, ASA_WSM_1P, intended to support applications that exploit intensity data.
In order to support the development of new applications with the ASAR ScanSAR data, a WSM product providing phase information has been developed and implemented in the ESA ASAR processor - the Wide-Swath Single-Look complex product (ASA_WSS_1P). This product is mainly used for INSAR applications based either on wide-swath/wide-swath pairs or wide-swath/image mode pairs, applications of ocean current mapping, large-area ocean wave retrievals and atmospheric water vapour characterisation.
It is important to mention that the standard ESA WSS product is based on the prototype WSS processor developed by Polimi/Poliba, which has also been used to generate prototype products for testing potential and preparing the exploitation of the WSS product.
The ESA ASA_WSS_1P product is available as a standard Envisat ASAR product.
The ASA_WSS_1P product format is slightly different from other ASAR products since:
- There are 5 different MDSs, one per sub-swath
- A "Doppler Grid" ADS has been included to support ocean current mapping applications
- There are 5 records in the MPP ADS, one per sub-swath
- There are 5 records in the SQ ADS, one per sub-swath.
Other key characteristics of the ASA_WSS_1P product are summarised below:
- Processing is fully phase preserving
- Data in the MDSs is sampled in a common grid both in range and in azimuth
- Standard product is 60 sec long with 80 m az. pixel spacing
- Auxiliary timeline information has been added in the Main Processing Parameters ADS
- Elevation antenna pattern correction is applied by default (although the product is a single-look complex).
Spatial Resolution: Approximately 8 m slant range x 80 m azimuth.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
ASAR Auxiliary Data
ASAR Products Specification - Revision C
Envisat ASAR Sensor Performance, Products and Algorithms
Envisat ASAR Science and Applications
ASAR Product Handbook
More ASAR Documents
ASAR Software Tools
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online