- COSMO-SkyMed ESA archive
Go to COSMO-SkyMed
COSMO-SkyMed ESA archive
How To Access Data
Project Proposal (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- After logging in, complete and submit the form with your proposed use of the data
- The proposal will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes between 4 and 6 weeks
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email, which describes the amount of data to be provided, and details of how to order the data.
The COSMO-SkyMed archive collection consists of COSMO-SkyMed products requested by ESA supported projects over their areas of interest around the world. The dataset regularly grows as ESA collects new products over the years.
The following list delineates the characteristics of the SAR measurement modes that are disseminated under ESA Third Party Missions (TPM).
- STRIPMAP HIMAGE (HIM): achieving medium resolution (3m x 3m single look), wide swath imaging (swath extension ≥40 km).
- STRIPMAP PINGPONG (SPP): achieving medium resolution (15 m), medium swath imaging (swath ≥30 km) with two radar polarization's selectable among HH, HV, VH and VV.
- SCANSAR WIDE (SCW): achieving radar imaging with swath extension of 100x100 km2 and a spatial resolution of 30x30 m2.
- SCANSAR HUGE (SCH): achieving radar imaging with swath extension of 200x200 km2 and a spatial resolution selectable of 100x100 m2.
- Level 1A - Single-look Complex Slant - (SCSB and SCSU), RAW data focused in slant range-azimuth projection, that is the sensor natural acquisition projection; product contains In-Phase and Quadrature of the focused data, weighted and radiometrically equalised.The processing of the 1A_SCSU product differs from that of the 1A_SCSB product for the following features:a non-weighted processing is performed, which means that windowing isn't applied on the processed bandwidth; radiometric equalisation (in terms of compensation of the range antenna pattern and incidence angle) is not performed; hence only compensation of the antenna transmitter gain and receiver attenuation and range spreading loss is applied.
- Level 1B - Detected Ground Multi-look (DGM): product obtained detecting, multi-looking and projecting the Single-look Complex Slant data onto a grid regular in ground. Spotlight Mode products are not multi-looked.
- Level 1C - Geocoded Ellipsoid Corrected (GEC) and Level 1D - Geocoded Terrain Corrected (GTC): Obtained projecting the Level 1A product onto a regular grid in a chosen cartographic reference system. In case of Lev 1C the surface is the earth ellipsoid while for the Lev 1D a DEM (Digital Elevation Model) is used to approximate the real earth surface.
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
90 N, -90 S, -180 W, 180 E
2008-09-15 - present
Date of launch:
200 km for ScanSAR Huge, 100 km for ScanSAR Wide, 40 km StripMap HIMAGE, 30 km StripMap PING PONG
Very High Resolution - VHR (0 - 5m), High Resolution - HR (5 - 20 m), Medium Resolution - MR (20 - 500 m)
X-Band (2.8 - 5.2 cm)
SAR_SCH_AU, SAR_SCH_AB, SAR_SCH_1B, SAR_SCH_1C, SAR_SCH_1D, SAR_SCW_AU, SAR_SCW_AB, SAR_SCW_1B, SAR_SCW_1C, SAR_SCW_1D, SAR_HIM_AU, SAR_HIM_AB, SAR_HIM_1B, SAR_HIM_1C, SAR_HIM_1D, SAR_SPP_AU, SAR_SPP_AB, SAR_SPP_1B, SAR_SPP_1C, SAR_SPP_1D
level 1a, level 1b, level 1c, level 1d, multiple
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions
COSMO-SkyMed mission and products description
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice