- Aura OMI complete NASA dataset
Go to Aura
Aura OMI complete NASA dataset
How To Access Data
External Data (Restrained)
- Go to the Aura OMI collection on NASA's website
- Follow the steps described on the website to access the data.
The OMI observations provide the following capabilities and features:
- A mapping of ozone columns at 13 km x 24 km and profiles at 13 km x 48 km
- A measurement of key air quality components: NO2, SO2, BrO, HCHO, and aerosol
- The ability to distinguish between aerosol types, such as smoke, dust and sulfates
- The ability to measure aerosol absorption capacity in terms of aerosol absorption optical depth or single scattering albedo
- A measurement of cloud pressure and coverage
- A mapping of the global distribution and trends in UV-B radiation.
The OMI data are available in the following four levels: Level 0, Level 1B, Level 2, and Level 3.
- Level 0 products are raw sensor counts. Level 0 data are packaged into two-hour "chunks" of observations in the life of the spacecraft (and the OMI aboard it) irrespective of orbital boundaries. They contain orbital swath data.
- Level 1B processing takes Level 0 data and calibrates, geo-locates and packages the data into orbits. They contain orbital swath data.
- Level 2 products contain orbital swath data.
- Level 3 products contain global data that are composited over time (daily or monthly) or over space for small equal angle (latitude longitude) grids covering the whole globe.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
90 N, -90 S, -180 W, 180 E
2004-10-01 - present
Date of launch:
Very Low Resolution - VLR (> 1200 m)
UV (0.01 - 0.4 µm), VIS (0.40 - 0.75 µm)
level 0, level 1b, level 2, level 3, multiple
GES DISC web portal
Aura Science and Data website
NASA AURA Web Site
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online