- ALOS PALSAR International Pola...
ALOS PALSAR International Polar Year Antarctica
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Approval (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 days
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email
- A second email will follow with details of where to download the data
- Search and download the products from the Dissemination Service (via a map).
International Polar Year (IPY), focusing on the north and south polar regions, aimed to investigate the impact of how changes to the ice sheets affect ocean and climate change to the habitats in these regions. IPY was a collaborative project involving over sixty countries for two years from March 2007 to March 2009. To meet the project goal, world space agencies observed these regions intensively using their own Earth observation satellites.
One of these satellites, ALOS - with the PALSAR (Phased Array type L-band Synthetic Aperture Radar) sensor - observed these regions independently from day-night conditions or weather conditions.
Carrying on this initiative, ESA is providing the ALOS PALSAR IPY Antarctica dataset, which consists of full resolution ALOS PALSAR ScanSAR WB1 products (100 m spatial resolution) over Antarctica from July 2008 (cycle 21) to December 2008 (Cycle 24) and from May 2009 (cycle 27) to March 2010 (cycle 31). Missing products between the two periods above is due to L0 data over Antarctica not being available in ADEN archives and not processed to L1.
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2019, ALOS PALSAR International Polar Year Antarctica, Version 1.0 AL1-b459f4ehttp://doi.org/10.5270/AL1-b459f4e
- European Space Agency, 2019, ALOS PALSAR International Polar Year Antarctica, Version 1.0https://doi.org/10.5270/AL1-b459f4e
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
ALOS/PALSAR Level 1.1/1.5 product Format description
ALOS User Handbook
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online