The Level 2A aerosol/cloud optical products of the Aeolus mission include:
- Geo-located consolidated backscatter and extinction profiles,
- Backscatter-to-extinction coefficient,
- LIDAR ratio, scene classification,
- Heterogeneity index
- Attenuated backscatter signals.
- Horizontal resolution of L2A optical properties at observation scale (~87 km);
- Exceptions are group properties (horizontal accumulation of measurements from ~3 km to ~87 km) and attenuated backscatters (~3 km);
Note: the resolution of "groups" in the L2A can only go down to 5 measurements at the moment, i.e. ~15 km horizontal resolution.
This could be configured to go to 1 measurement - Vertical resolution 250-2000 m (Defined by Range Bin Settings ).