- Aeolus L2A Aerosol/Cloud optic...
Go to Aeolus
Aeolus L2A Aerosol/Cloud optical product
How To Access Data
EO Sign In Authentication (Open)
Access via HTTPS
- Go to the Dissemination Service
- Find the product you want
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
The Level 2A aerosol/cloud optical products of the Aeolus mission include:
- Geo-located consolidated backscatter and extinction profiles
- Backscatter-to-extinction coefficient
- LIDAR ratio, scene classification
- Heterogeneity index
- Attenuated backscatter signals.
- Horizontal resolution of L2A optical properties at observation scale (~87 km);
- Exceptions are group properties (horizontal accumulation of measurements from ~3 km to ~87 km) and attenuated backscatters (~3 km).
Note: the resolution of "groups" in the L2A can only go down to 5 measurements at the moment, i.e. ~15 km horizontal resolution.
This could be configured to go to 1 measurement - Vertical resolution 250-2000 m (Defined by Range Bin Settings).
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
90 N, -90 S, -180 W, 180 E
2021-05-26 - present
Date of launch:
UV (0.01 - 0.4 µm)
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of the Aeolus products is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions. Users accessing Aeolus products are intrinsically acknowledging and accepting the above.
Aeolus Level 2A Processor Input/Output Data Definition
Aeolus Level 2A Algorithm Theoretical Baseline Document
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online