- PROBA-V ‘Collection 2’ - Repro...
PROBA-V ‘Collection 2’ - Reprocessed Dataset available
11 Apr 2023
The improved PROBA-V data (Collection 2) has been released. Data is available via the PROBA-V MEP and Terrascope platforms so users can freely exploit the data using Virtual machines, Jupyter Notebooks, and the new viewing application.
PROBA-V stopped monitoring Earth’s surface on 31 October 2021, 16 months after the satellite ended its fully operational lifetime. The entire PROBA-V data archive (16 October 2013 – 30 June 2020) has been reprocessed into segment and synthesis data of the highest possible quality and consistency for various applications. By reprocessing the PROBA-V data archive, the following processing features have been changed to improve the overall quality and use:
- Improved cloud detection algorithm
- Updated radiometric instrument calibration parameter files
- Improved atmospheric corrections
- CEOS Analysis Ready Data (CEOS-ARD) compliancy for TOC products
- Data format upgrade to Cloud Optimized GeoTIFF
- New product search catalogue and viewer
More information about the improvements, the impact on Level-2A and Level-3 data, MEP updates and phase out of PROBA-V collection 1 is available on VITO's PROBA-V page.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online