Through ESA’s Third Party Missions Programme, researchers, scientists and companies from around the world can apply to access Planet’s high-frequency, high-resolution satellite data for non-commercial use. Planet data support activities in the following areas:
- Monitoring rapid changes in vegetation and land use
- Detailed vegetation mapping
- Surface deformation (earthquake displacements)
- Cryosphere and hydrology monitoring
- Monitoring transport & urban infrastructure
- Emergency & security applications
The PlanetScope camera on each DOVE cubesat operates currently in four bands (red, green, blue and near infra-red) or five bands including an additional RedEdge band; offering a Ground Sampling Distance of 3.7 m at nadir.
The SkySat constellation collects thousands of square kilometres of imagery. Each satellite is three-axis stabilised and agile enough to slew between different targets of interest, offering a Ground Resolution after Super-Resolution processing (nadir) from 0.57 m to 0.86 m in Panchromatic mode and from 0.75m to 1m in Multispectral mode.
Learn more about the data collections available from these missions: