- 2nd SMOS for Space Weather Wor...
2nd SMOS for Space Weather Workshop
27 Sep 2023
The Second Workshop on SMOS for Space Weather will take place on 27 October 2023, hosted by the Space Weather Group of the University of Alcala, Alcalá de Henares (Madrid, Spain). The workshop will focus on innovative ways to use SMOS L-band data to support solar scientists and the space weather community.
This second workshop follows the first SMOS Space Weather workshop that was held at ESA ESRIN in November of last year, for information on that read SMOS data advances space weather and ionospheric research.
The Second Workshop on SMOS for Space Weather aims:
- To report updated results of ESA projects exploring the usage of SMOS datasets to retrieve L-band Solar Flux and Total Electron Content of the atmosphere.
- To collect feedback and interest from the Space Weather Community and Solar scientists about novel operational products.
- To provide input to ESA for the definition of next activities in terms of science studies, data validation and production of operational products.
- To provide input to ESA to support scientific objectives for the next SMOS mission extension (2026 - 2028) in the space weather, science and applications domain.
The workshop is a hybrid event with in-person and online talks followed by discussions.
Deadline for registration is 19 October 2023.