The European Space Agency organised the 9th International Workshop on Science and Applications of SAR Polarimetry and Polarimetric Interferometry - POLinSAR - from 28 January to 1 February 2019. The workshop took place at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy.
The objectives of this workshop were to:
- Provide a forum for scientific exchange
- Present the latest exploitation results from full-pol airborne and spaceborne systems and assess the state-of-the-art
- Review retrieved bio-geophysical parameters and their accuracy
- Make recommendations for algorithm development and new products
- Support the preparation for ESA and Third Parties full-pol missions exploitation (BIOMASS, NOVASAR-S, RCM, SAOCOM, TerraSAR-L etc.)
- Present innovative polarimetric applications and ideas for future polarimetric mission concepts
- Report on the status of POLinSAR 2017 recommendations
Visit the workshop website to learn more about the event.