- GRSG 2011 Workshop and AGM
GRSG 2011 Workshop and AGM
07-Dec - 09-Dec 2011
ESA/ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The Geological Remote Sensing Group (GRSG) is a special interest group of the Geological Society of London (GeolSoc) and the Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society (RSPSoc). The GRSG is an association of enthusiasts keen on the geological aspects of remote sensing. The current membership includes geologists and remote sensing experts employed within industry, academia and government agencies, as well as graduate students.
The Oil and Gas Earth Observation group (OGEO) is an initiative, supported by ESA, of representatives from the oil and gas industry and service providers in the Earth observation business, to encourage and support their interaction.
The 2011 Geological Remote Sensing Group (GRSG) Workshop 'Advances in Geological Remote Sensing' (Including the Oil and Gas Earth Observation Group Workshop) was aimed at anyone with an interest in remote sensing, including mapping and monitoring the natural environment, the Earth's resources and geology, and geohazards. This was an opportunity to mix with friends and colleagues from industry and academia, listen to presentations on applications and technology, and join in discussions about the future direction of remote sensing.
During the three day meeting, participants had the opportunity to hear about advances in remote sensing, new application areas and the way in which the oil and gas industry is embracing Earth observation methods.
Following the same theme, the 2011 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Geological Remote Sensing Group included both applied and fundamental research that explored the application of remote sensing in mapping, monitoring and understanding the relationship between geology and the environment. There were also presentations and exhibits by satellite and aerial providers, software companies and solution providers from the earth observation industry.
Download files from the GRSG 2011 event.
2011 OGEO Workshop - Summary Report
Abstract Book Advances in Geological Remote Sensing (Including the Oil and Gas Earth Observation Group Workshop)
- A Pan-European Approach to Geological Remote Sensing (105 MB)
- InSAR Applications for Ground Deformation (33.7 MB)
- Advances in Hyperspectral Remote Sensing (7.64 MB)
- OGEO: Introduction (3.33 MB)
- OGEO - Data (9.31 MB)
- OGEO: Leveraging EO for oil spill detection, monitoring & mitigation (23.6 MB)
- OGEO: EO Applications for the Oil & Gas Industry I (27.4 MB)
- OGEO: EO Applications for the Oil & Gas Industry II (12.3 MB)
- Geology & Mineralalogy (13.4 MB)
- Advances in New Technology for the EO Industry (33.9 MB)
- Remote Sensing of Geohazards (16.6 MB)
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online