- Advanced Ocean Synergy Trainin...
Advanced Ocean Synergy Training Course
04-Nov - 08-Nov 2019
Chania, Crete, Greece
ESA, in cooperation with the Technical University of Crete, organised an Advanced Ocean Synergy Training Course devoted to training the next generation of Earth Observation scientists to exploit data from ESA and Third Party Mission instruments for ocean science and application development (e.g. with the Copernicus Sentinels).
The course was held in Crete, Greece, between 4 to 8 November 2019.
Using a series of lectures and laboratory classes, group-work and discussion, the aim of the course was to develop new skills in the application of complementary satellite ocean remote sensing data sets and their application in synergy for science and applications serving society.
The course objectives included:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- The theoretical principles and application of Ocean Colour Radiometry, Infrared and Passive Microwave Radiometry, Biogeochemical, Sea Surface Temperature, and Sea Surface Salinity retrievals;
- The theoretical principles and application of synthetic aperture radar and radar altimetry;
- Hands-on exercises using SAR, Optical, Infrared, Passive Microwave, and Altimeter data, tools/toolboxes and methods for the exploitation of EO satellite data in synergy over the ocean;
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of the ESA Earth Explorer and Copernicus Sentinel Missions.
Visit the training course website to learn more about the event.