- 5th Advanced Course on Radar P...
5th Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry 2019
22-Jan - 25-Jan 2019
The European Space Agency (ESA) organised the 5th Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry from 22 to 25 January 2019 in Frascati, Italy, which was dedicated to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to exploit dual and fully polarimetric data for science and applications development.
The course is part of ESA's EO Science for Society – Scientific Exploitation element of EOEP-5 (the fifth cycle of ESA's Earth Observation Envelope Programme).
The main objectives of the course were to:
- Train the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs)
- Explain theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in various applications
- Introduce available tools and methods for the exploitation of dual and fully polarimetric data
- Provide first-hand and up-to-date information on the state of the art in Radar Polarimetry, Polarimetric SAR Interferometry and SAR Tomography
Visit the course website to learn more about the event.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online