The TerraSAR-X ESA archive collection consists of TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X products requested by ESA supported projects over their areas of interest around the world. The dataset regularly grows as ESA collects new products over the years.
TerraSAR-X/TanDEM-X Image Products can be acquired in 6 image modes with flexible resolutions (from 0.25m to 40m) and scene sizes. Thanks to different polarimetric combinations and processing levels the delivered imagery can be tailored specifically to meet the requirements of the application.
The following list delineates the characteristics of the SAR imaging modes that are disseminated under ESA Third Party Missions (TPM).
- StripMap (SM): Resolution 3 m, Scene size 30x50 km2 (up to 30x1650 km2)
- SpotLight (SL): Resolution 2 m, Scene size 10x10 km2
- Staring SpotLight (ST): Resolution 0.25m, Scene size 4x3.7 km2
- High Resolution SpotLight (HS): Resolution 1 m, Scene size 10x5 km2
- ScanSAR (SC): Resolution 18 m, Scene size 100x150 km2 (up to 100x1650 km2)
- Wide ScanSAR (WS): Resolution 40 m, Scene size 270x200 km2 (up to 270x1500 km2)
The following list briefly delineates the available processing levels for the TerraSAR-X dataset:
- SSC (Single Look Slant Range Complex) in DLR-defined COSAR binary format
- MGD (Multi Look Ground Range Detected) in GeoTiff format • GEC (Geocoded Ellipsoid Corrected) in GeoTiff format
- EEC (Enhanced Ellipsoid Corrected in GeoTiff format