- TerraSAR-X ESA archive
TerraSAR-X ESA archive
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Approval (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 days
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email
- A second email will follow with details of where to download the data
- Search and download the products from the dissemination service (via a map).
The products are freely accessible in accordance with ESA’s Earth observation data policy. An active EO Sign In account is required to download the products.
In ESA's Third Party Missions (TPM) dissemination service and catalogue the data is collection based and allows data browse and download through the treeview as well as via geographical search using a static map.
TerraSAR-X / TanDEM-X products can also be discovered through ESA's EO Catalogue (EO CAT), which allows users to browse and download products among the available datasets from ESA and Third Party Missions and instruments, using various criteria (spatial, temporal).
For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
Should you need support to access the data, please contact EOHelp.
The TerraSAR-X ESA archive collection consists of TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X products requested by ESA supported projects over their areas of interest around the world. The dataset regularly grows as ESA collects new products over the years.
TerraSAR-X/TanDEM-X Image Products can be acquired in 6 image modes with flexible resolutions (from 0.25m to 40m) and scene sizes. Thanks to different polarimetric combinations and processing levels the delivered imagery can be tailored specifically to meet the requirements of the application.
The following list delineates the characteristics of the SAR imaging modes that are disseminated under ESA Third Party Missions (TPM).
- StripMap (SM): Resolution 3 m, Scene size 30x50 km2 (up to 30x1650 km2)
- SpotLight (SL): Resolution 2 m, Scene size 10x10 km2
- Staring SpotLight (ST): Resolution 0.25m, Scene size 4x3.7 km2
- High Resolution SpotLight (HS): Resolution 1 m, Scene size 10x5 km2
- ScanSAR (SC): Resolution 18 m, Scene size 100x150 km2 (up to 100x1650 km2)
- Wide ScanSAR (WS): Resolution 40 m, Scene size 270x200 km2 (up to 270x1500 km2)
The following list briefly delineates the available processing levels for the TerraSAR-X dataset:
- SSC (Single Look Slant Range Complex) in DLR-defined COSAR binary format
- MGD (Multi Look Ground Range Detected) in GeoTiff format • GEC (Geocoded Ellipsoid Corrected) in GeoTiff format
- EEC (Enhanced Ellipsoid Corrected in GeoTiff format
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.