- QuickBird-2 ESA archive
QuickBird-2 ESA archive
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Approval (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 days
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email
- A second email will follow with details of where to download the data
- Search and download the products from the dissemination service (via a map).
The QuickBird-2 archive collection consists of QuickBird-2 products requested by ESA supported projects over their areas of interest around the world. The dataset regularly grows as ESA collects new products over the years.
Panchromatic (up to 61 cm resolution) and 4-Bands (up to nominal value of 2.44 m resolution, reduced to 1.63 m when the orbit altitude was lowered to 300 km at the end of the mission) products are available. The 4-Bands includes various options such as Multispectral (separate channel for Blue, Green, Red, NIR1), Pan-sharpened (Blue, Green, Red, NIR1), Bundle (separate bands for PAN, Blue, Green, Red, NIR1), Natural Colour (pan-sharpened Blue, Green, Red), Coloured Infrared (pan-sharpened Green, Red, NIR1), Natural Colour / Coloured Infrared (3-Band pan-sharpened).
The processing levels are:
- STANDARD (2A): normalised for topographic relief
- View Ready Standard (OR2A): ready for orthorectification
- View Ready Stereo: collected in-track for stereo viewing and manipulation
- Map-Ready (Ortho) 1:12,000 Orthorectified: additional processing unnecessary
- Map-Ready (Ortho) 1:15,000 Orthorectified: additional processing unnecessary
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
The following table summarises the offered product types
|EO-SIP product type||Band Combination||Description|
|BGI_PAN_2A||Panchromatic (PAN)||Panchromatic Standard/Panchromatic Ortho Ready Standard|
|BGI_PAN_MP||Panchromatic (PAN)||Panchromatic Map Scale Ortho|
|BGI_PAN_OR||Panchromatic (PAN)||Panchromatic Ortho Ready Stereo|
|BGI_4B__2A||4-Band (4B)||4-Band Standard/4-band Ortho Ready Standard|
|BGI_4B__MP||4-Band (4B)||4-Band Map Scale Ortho|
|BGI_4B__OR||4-Band (4B)||4-Band Ortho Ready Stereo|
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to ESA's Earth Observation Terms and Conditions.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online