- JERS-1 OPS (Optical Sensor) Ve...
JERS-1 OPS (Optical Sensor) Very Near Infrared Radiometer (VNIR) System Corrected Products level 1
How To Access Data
EO Sign In Authentication (Open)
- Go to the Dissemination Service
- Find the product you want via a map
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
In the Optical Online dissemination service and catalogue the data is collection based and allows data browse and download through the treeview as well as via geographical search using an interactive map.
JERS-1 products can also be discovered through ESA's EO Catalogue (EO CAT), which allows users to browse and download products among the available datasets from ESA and Third Party Missions and instruments, using various criteria (spatial, temporal).
New users can register an account on EO Sign In. For further information about the EO Sign In Service you can visit TellUs.
ESA internal users can use their ESAAD account.
Should you need support to access the data, please contact EOHelp.
The JERS-1 Optical System (OPS) is composed of a Very Near Infrared Radiometer (VNIR) and a Short Wave Infrared Radiometer (SWIR). The instrument has 8 observable spectral bands from visible to short wave infrared.
Data acquired by ESA ground stations
The JERS-1 OPS products are available in GeoTIFF format. These products are available only for the VNIR sensor. All four bands are corrected. The correction consists in a vertical and horizontal destriping, the radiometry values are expanded from the range [0.63] to the range [0.255]. No geometrical correction is applied on level 1. The pixel size of approximately 18 x 24.2 metres for raw data is newly dimensioned to 18 x 18 metres for System Corrected data using a cubic convolution algorithm.
- Cloud coverage for JERS OPS products has not been computed using an algorithm. The cloud cover assignment was performed manually by operators at the acquisition stations.
- Due to missing attitude information, the Nadir looking band (band 3) and the corresponding forward looking band (band 4) are not well coregistered, resulting in some accuracy limitations.
- The quality control was not performed systematically for each frame. A subset of the entire JERS Optical dataset was selected and manually checked. As a result of this, users may occasionally encounter issues with some of the individual products.
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2018, JERS-1 Optical Sensor Very Near Infrared Radiometer System Corrected Products. Version 1.0.https://doi.org/10.5270/JE1-cerzmcu
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to the Terms and Conditions for ESA's Third Party Missions scheme.