- JERS-1 OPS (Optical Sensor) Ve...
JERS-1 OPS (Optical Sensor) Very Near Infrared Radiometer (VNIR) System Corrected Products level 1
How To Access Data
EO Sign In Authentication (Open)
- Go to the Dissemination Service
- Find the product you want via a map
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
The JERS-1 Optical System (OPS) is composed of a Very Near Infrared Radiometer (VNIR) and a Short Wave Infrared Radiometer (SWIR). The instrument has 8 observable spectral bands from visible to short wave infrared.
Data acquired by ESA ground stations
The JERS-1 OPS products are available in GeoTIFF format. These products are available only for the VNIR sensor. All four bands are corrected. The correction consists in a vertical and horizontal destriping, the radiometry values are expanded from the range [0.63] to the range [0.255]. No geometrical correction is applied on level 1. The pixel size of approximately 18 x 24.2 metres for raw data is newly dimensioned to 18 x 18 metres for System Corrected data using a cubic convolution algorithm.
- Cloud coverage for JERS OPS products has not been computed using an algorithm. The cloud cover assignment was performed manually by operators at the acquisition stations.
- Due to missing attitude information, the Nadir looking band (band 3) and the corresponding forward looking band (band 4) are not well coregistered, resulting in some accuracy limitations.
- The quality control was not performed systematically for each frame. A subset of the entire JERS Optical dataset was selected and manually checked. As a result of this, users may occasionally encounter issues with some of the individual products.
Spatial coverage: Check the spatial coverage of the collection on a map available on the Third Party Missions Dissemination Service.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2018, JERS-1 Optical Sensor Very Near Infrared Radiometer System Corrected Products. Version 1.0.http://doi.org/10.5270/JE1-cerzmcu
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
More OPS Documents
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice