- ADAM Surface Reflectance Datab...
ADAM Surface Reflectance Database v4.0
How To Access Data
External Data (Restrained)
- Data is available from an external site. Access upon user registration on the ADAM platform
- Should you need support please contact the ADAM team.
ADAM enables generating typical monthly variations of the global Earth surface reflectance at 0.1° spatial resolution (Plate Carree projection) and over the spectral range 240-4000 nm.
The ADAM product is made of gridded monthly mean climatologies over land and ocean surfaces, and of a companion API toolkit that enables the calculation of hyperspectral (at 1 nm resolution over the whole 240-4000 nm spectral range) and multidirectional reflectances (i.e. in any illumination/viewing geometry) depending on user choices.
The ADAM climatologies that feed the ADAM calculation tools are:
- Monthly chlorophyll concentration derived from SeaWiFS-OrbView-2 (1999-2009); it is used to compute the water column reflectance (which shows large spectral variations in the visible, but is insignificant in the near and mid infrared).
- Monthly wind speed derived from SeaWinds-QuikSCAT-(1999-2009); it is used to calculate the ocean glint reflectance.
- Monthly normalized surface reflectances in the 7 MODIS narrow spectral bands derived from FondsdeSol processing chain of MOD09A1 products (derived from Aqua and Terra observations), on which relies the modelling of the hyperspectral/multidirectional surface (soil/vegetation/snow) reflectance.
- Uncertainty variance-covariance matrix for the 7 spectral bands associated to the normalized surface reflectance.
Sea ice pixels (masked in the original MOD09A1 products) have been accounted for by a gap-filling approach relying on the spatial-temporal distribution of sea ice coverage provided by the CryoClim climatology for year 2005.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2019, ADAM Surface Reflectance Database v4.0.http://doi.org/10.5270/esa-6riial9
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Utilisation of this data is subject to the ESA Contract condition, as described during registration and in the data disclaimer / data use policy on the website
ADAM Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document
ADAM, description of the web interface. Structure of the ADAM input surface database and output products
ADAM Final Report, Contract Change request 6
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice