- AGRISAR 2006
What was the purpose of AGRISAR 2006?
The AGRISAR 2006 campaign, carried out between 18 April and 2 August 2006, was established to address important specific programmatic needs of Sentinel-1 and -2:
- To assess the impact of Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 sensor and mission characteristics for land applications (land use mapping, parameter retrieval).
- To provide a basis for the quantitative assessment of sensor or mission trade-off studies, e.g. spatial and radiometric resolution, revisit time
- Simulate Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 image products over the land
What was the outcome of AGRISAR 2006?
The main outcomes of the AGRISAR 2006 project were:
- Preliminary analysis show a high potential of using the acquired data for further studies
- Multi-disciplinary approaches show a high potential of new product development
- SAR: depending on the application either C-band or L-band frequency is preferable
Download the AGRISAR 2006 Final Report
|Data Coverage (Year)||2006|
|Geographic Site||Demmin site|
(Western Pomerania, D)
|Field of Application||Agriculture|
|Data Size||More than 50 GB|
Digital Object Identifier: https://doi.org/10.5270/esa-d7zy86d - AgriSAR 2006: "Agricultural Bio-/Geophysical Retrievals from Frequent Repeat SAR and Optical Imaging"
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online