- Announcement of Opportunity fo...
Announcement of Opportunity for S5PVT (Sentinel-5 Precursor Calibration and Validation Team)
Within the framework of the Copernicus programme, ESA is pleased to announce the Sentinel-5 Precursor Calibration and Validation Team Call (S5PVT), which aims to engage leading expertise for the Calibration and Validation of the Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5P) in the mission validation team, providing independent experimental data, analysis and recommendations to critically assess the end-to-end performance of the instrument and its products.
The main payload of S5P is TROPOMI (TROPOspheric Monitoring Instrument), a push broom imaging spectrometer realised by ESA in collaboration with the Netherlands Space Office (NSO).
Submission of proposals for this call are temporarily suspended.
Download documentation related to the S5PV call:
- Invitation Letter
- Sentinel-5P Validation Call main text
- Mission Requirements Traceability Document
- Sentinel-5P Commissioning & Cal/Val Plan
- Requirements for the Geophysical Validation of Sentinel-5P Products
- Sentinel-5 Precursor System Requirement Document
- Summary information about each accepted S5PVT project
- S5PVT Expert Data Hub Access Protocol
Find out more about Sentinel-5P:
- Sentinel-5P on Sentinel Online
- Sentinel-5P User Guide
- Sentinel-5P Technical Guide
- Sentinel-5P Document Library - containing key documents regarding the algorithms and their verification, including the Algorithm Theoretical Baseline Documents (ATBD) the Product User Manuals (PUM) and the Science Verification Report
- KNMI TROPOMI website
- European Commission Copernicus website
- Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service
- Copernicus: Sentinel-5P on the eoPortal
- Free and Open Data Policy for Copernicus Sentinel data
- Scientific quality requirements document for the TROPOMI L01b data processor
- Input/output data specification for the TROPOMI L01b data processor
- Sentinel-5 Precursor/TROPOMI KNMI and SRON level 2 Input Output Data Definition
- Sentinel-5 Precursor Level 2 UPAS Processor
Learn more about workshops related to Sentinel-5P:
- Sentinel-5 Precursor First Products Release Workshop, 25 and 26 June 2018, ESA/ESRIN Frascati (Rome) Italy
- Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor Validation Team Workshop, 11 to 14 November 2019, ESA/ESRIN Frascati (Rome) Italy
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice