- ESA’s new Earth Observation re...
ESA’s new Earth Observation registration interface goes live next week
03 Dec 2020
The replacement of EO-SSO by the new EO Sign In interface will be performed progressively between 9 and 15 December 2020. The scheduled activities and the downtime of the corresponding services follows below.
As anticipated previously, the EO Single Sign On (EO-SSO) system is being replaced by a more modern Identity and Access Management interface (EO Sign In), to facilitate users' access to ESA EO data and services.
On 7 December 2020, existing non-ESA users, active in the last two years, will receive an email containing a link to change the password of their new EO Sign In account. Users will notice that the email address registered for their EO-SSO account has become the username of the EO Sign In account.
When users first log in to the new account, they will be asked:
- To set their account password and security questions
- To accept the Terms & Conditions for the Utilisation of ESA's EO Data
- To accept the Terms & Conditions for the Utilisation of data under ESA's Third Party Missions scheme
ESA users with EO-SSO accounts will instead be able to use their ESAAD credentials in EO Sign In; specific instructions will be delivered in a dedicated email.
The transition to EO Sign In will occur in a number of steps in order to minimise the downtime of each service, as follows:
- As of 4 December, requests to access new EO data collections will be kept on hold and implemented for the new EO Sign In account after 9 December
- On 9 December, the possibility to log in to TellUs will be disabled and the Earth Online website will be unavailable for 2-3 hours. EO-SSO accounts will remain active to access ESA EO dissemination services.
- On 10 and 11 December, the ESA On-line Access Dissemination System (OADS) will be unavailable. During this activity it will be impossible to log in and download data during the following periods:
- ALOS OPTICAL OADS: 10/12/2020, 07:30 - 09:30 UTC
- ALOS PALSAR OADS: 10/12/2020, 09:30 UTC – 11:30 UTC
- AEOLUS OADS: 10/12/2020, 12:00 – 14:00 UTC
- GOCE OADS: 10/12/2020, 14:00 – 16:00 UTC
- ESAR-OADS: 11/12/2020, 07:30 – 09:30 UTC
- TPM-OADS: 11/12/2020, 09:30 – 11:30 UTC
- SMOS-OADS: 11/12/2020,12:00 – 14:00 UTC
- MERIS-OADS: 11/12/2020 14:00 – 16:00 UTC
After the downtime, the newly validated EO Sign In account should be used to access the corresponding data collections.
- On 14 and 15 December, the remaining data dissemination facilities and services will be integrated with the new EO Sign system. During this activity, there will be short periods of unavailability for the services as follows:
- RSS Services: 14/12/2020, 9:00 - 17:00 UTC
- Landsat-8 Portal: 14/12/2020, 13:00 - 17:00 UTC
- MERCI: 15/12/2020, 9:00 - 13:00 UTC
- DataCube: 15/12/2020, 13:00 - 17:00
At the end of each service downtime, the newly validated EO Sign In account should be used to access the respective service and/or dissemination server.
Users are invited to check their email for the notification of their new personal account. If not validated by the user, the new account will be dismissed after 60 days.
For any queries, users can contact EOHelp using TellUS or via email.
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice