ATSR-2 Products Information
The information provided in this page is applicable to ATSR-2 products, available to users via Fast Registration
The products are from the Third (A)ATSR Reprocessing, conducted in 2013. This introduced some key improvements:
- Improved SST coefficients (based on ARC knowledge)
- Improved view colocation
- New SST L2P (and L3U) products based on ARC processor
ATSR-2 Third Reprocessing - Details of (A)ATSR-2 Third data reprocessing is available on the AATSR Products Information page.
ATSR-2 Fourth Reprocessing - Planning for the 4th reprocessing of (A)ATSR data was under way. The main focus was to harmonise the product format with that from SLSTR.
ATSR-2 Technical Documents
The following documentation is available for the Envisat-format Level 1 and Level 2 products:
The following documentation is available for the SST L2P/L3U products:
- SST L2P/L3U Product User Guide: (A)ATSR ARC_L2P Product Guide Issue 1.3
- AATSR Product Specifications: PO-RS-MDA-GS-2009 Volume 07 Issue 4C
ATSR-2 Product Availability
The Third (A)ATSR Reprocessing dataset is made available as follows:
- FTP: ftp://ats-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int (Full mission dataset – all product types)
- HTTP: http://ats-merci-ds.eo.esa.int/merci (Area/time extraction and bulk download via MERCI – for TOA_1P and NR_2P products)
- NAS: NAS disks for large requests
Users already registered to the (A)ATSR service can use the same UserID and Password to access the (A)ATSR dataset via the servers. For new users, access is provided upon Fast Registration.
Please note, data in the archive may have been segregated if it is known or suspected to be of non-nominal quality. Further information on segregated products is available in the readme files at the access points to the archive.
The following dataset product listings are also provided for reference:
Details on the ATSR-2 products in Envisat-format
Details on the Level 2 SST L2P/L3U products.
Level 3 SST products (ERS.ATS_AVG_3PAARC), produced by the ATSR Re-processing for Climate (ARC) project, are also available. These products are stored at the NEODC and can be accessed by all registered NEODC users. For new users, access is provided upon registration.