- SMOS and Aquarius Science Work...
SMOS and Aquarius Science Workshop 2013
15-Apr - 17-Apr 2013
The SMOS & Aquarius Science Workshop's main objectives were:
- Provide the SMOS and Aquarius science communities with an overview on the present quality of the provided data, and an outlook on future algorithm developments
- Explore common L-band sensor and algorithm issues for sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals derived by SMOS and Aquarius data
- Present broader science achievements of both missions, including modelling results
- Explore synergistic use of and validation approaches for SMOS, Aquarius and other sensors' data over land and ocean
- Provide a forum for discussion on specific topics related to improving sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals through dedicated working group.
In the frame of this workshop two dedicated working groups were established, namely the Satellite & In Situ Salinity (SISS) Working Group (WG) and Understanding Stratification and Sub-Footprint Processes Working Group on salinity inter-comparison/cross-calibration.
Download the workshop abstract book
For further details view the workshop summary report
View the programme
Download all the presentations: