PV-LAC-COAST Project Documents
Documents provided within this project:
- Requirements Baseline Document - provides the Project Baseline for the Proba-V New Coastal Products, a critical review of the algorithms for TSM retrieval and atmospheric correction in turbid coastal waters, and validation approach.
Algorithm Theoretical Baseline Document
This information is applicable to different algorithms for TSM or Turbidity retrieval from Proba-V data. The algorithms have been developed within the framework of the PV-LAC COAST project.
- Sindy Sterckx, Nitin Bhatia, Liesbeth De Keukelaere - TSM/TurBIDITY Algorithms-Proba-V (Version 2.0)
- Sindy Sterckx, Nitin Bhatia - TSM/TurBIDITY Algorithms-Proba-V (Version 1)
The Roadmap document discusses a number of elements that relate to the future of the coastal products based on the Proba-V 100 m data.
Validation Report (VR)
Validation Report for the PV-LAC coastal activities.
- Sindy Sterckx, Liesbeth De Keukelaere, Stefan Adriaensen, Els Knaeps - Validation Report (Version 2.0)
Publications related to the PV-LAC ATMO and participation in international conferences:
- Els Knaeps, Sindy Sterckx, Nitin Bhatia, Qilong Bi, Jaak Monbaliu, Erik Toorman, André Cattrrijsse, Liesbeth De Keukelaere - Coastal Turbidity Monitoring using the Proba-V Satellite.
In the proceedings of Coastal Dynamics 2017 Conference, June 12-16 2017, Helsingør, Denmark.
- Sindy Sterckx, Els Knaeps, Liesbeth De Keukelaere - Proba-V for Turbidity mapping in turbid coastal areas.
Poster presentation at IOCS (International Ocean Colour Science) 2017, 5 -19 May 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Sindy Sterckx et al. - Proba-V for Total Suspended Matter mapping in coastal areas.
Proba-V symposium, January 2016, Bruges, Belgium
- Els Knaeps, Sindy Sterckx. Proba-V for Total Suspended Matter mapping in coastal areas. Living Planet 2016, 9-13 May 2016, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Berk, A., G.P. Anderson, P.K. Acharya, L.S. Bernstein, L. Muratov, J. Lee, M. Fox, S.M. Adler-Golden, J.H. Chetwynd, M.L. Hoke, R.B Lockwood, J.A. Gardner, T.W. Cooley, C.C. Borel, P.E. Lewis and E.P. Shettle, "MODTRAN5: 2006 Update," Proc. SPIE, Vol. 6233, 62331F, 2006.
- Brando, V. E. and Braga, F. and Zaggia, L. and Giardino, C. and Bresciani, M. and Matta, E. and Bellafiore, D. and Ferrarin, C. and Maicu, F. and Benetazzo, A. and Bonaldo, D. and Falcieri, F. M. and Campbell, G., Phinn, S.R., Dekker, A.G., Brando, V.E., 2011. Remote sensing of water quality in an Australian tropical freshwater impoundment using matrix inversion and MERIS images, Remote Sensing of Environment, 115(9): 2402-2414.
- Chandrasekhar, S., 1960. Radiative Transfer. Dover, New York.
- De Haan, J.F. and Kokke, J.M.M., 1996. Remote sensing algorithm development Toolkit: 1. Operationalization of atmospheric correction methods for tidal and inland waters. BCRS Report, 91 pp.
- Dogliotti, A., Ruddick, K., Nechad, B., Doxaran, D., Knaeps, E.,"A single algorithm to retrieve turbidity from remotely-sensed data in all coastal and estuarine waters", Remote Sens. Environ., vol. 156, pages 157–168, 2015.
- Doxaran, D., Froidefond, J. M., Lavender, S. and Castaing, P. , "Spectral signature of highlyturbid water application with SPOT data to quantify suspended particulatematter concentration", Remote Sensing Environment, Vol. 81, no. 1, pages 149-161, 2002.
- Doxaran, D., Froidefond, J.-M. and Castaing, P., "Remote-sensing reflectance of turbid sediment dominated waters. Reduction of sediment type variations and changing illumination conditions effects by use of reflectance ratios", Applied Optics, Vol. 42, pages 2623-2634, 2003.
- Doxaran, D., Froidefond, J.M., Castaing, P., "A reflectance band ratio used to estimate suspended matter concentrations in sediment-dominated coastal waters", Int. J. Remote Sens., Vol. 23, pages 5079–5085, 2010.
- Guanter, L., Ruiz-Verdu, A., Odermat, D., Giardino, C., Simis, S., Estelles, V., Heege, T., Dominguez-Gomez, J.-A., Moreno, J., 2010: Atmospheric correction of ENVISAT/MERIS data over inland waters: Validation for European lakes. - Remote Sensing of Environment, 114, 3, pp. 467—480.
- Neukermans, G., Ruddick, K.G. and N. Greenwood Diurnal variability of turbidity and light attenuation in the southern North Sea from the SEVIRI geostationary sensor Remote Sensing of Environment, 124 (2012), pp. 564–580.
- Qiu, Z., "A simple optical model to estimate suspended particulate matter in Yellow River Estuary", Opt. Express, Vol 21, pages 27891–27904, 2013.
- Ramon, D., Santer, R., 2005. Aerosol over land with MERIS, present and future. In ESA/ESRIN (Ed.), Proceedings of the MERIS-(A)ATSR workshop. Frascati, Italy
- Ruddick, K., G. Lacroix, Y. Park, V. Rousseau, V. De Cauwer, and S. Sterckx, 2008. Overview of Ocean Colour: theoretical background, sensors and applicability for the detection and monitoring of harmful algae blooms (capabilities and limitations). Real-time coastal observing systems for ecosystem dynamics and harmful algal blooms. M. Babin, C.S. Roesler and J.J. Cullen, eds. UNESCO Publishing, Paris, France p 331 – 384.
- Sterckx, S., Knaeps, E. and Ruddick, K.. (2011). Detection and Correction of Adjacency Effects in hyperspectral airborne data of Coastal and Inland Waters: the Use of the Near Infrared Similarity Spectrum, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 32:21, 6479-6505.
- Tassan, S., "Local algorithms using SeaWiFS data for the retrieval of phytoplankton, pigments, suspended sediment, and yellow substance in coastal waters" Appl. Opt., Vol 33, pages 2369–2378, 1994.
- Verhoef, W. and Bach, H. 2003. Simulation of hyperspectral and directional radiance images using coupled biophysical and atmospheric radiative transfer models. Remote Sensing of Environment, 87: 23–41.