This section provides access to a wide-ranging tutorial, which aims to provide a grounding in polarimetry and polarimetric interferometry with a view to stimulating research and development of scientific applications that exploit such techniques.
The tutorial material is made available in PDF format and is also bundled with the software itself.
Part I - Tutorial on Radar Polarimetry
1. What Is Polarisation? (400kb)
Part II - Tutorial on Polarimetric SAR Interferometry
1. Pol-InSAR Training Course (1.1Mb)
Part III - Tutorial on Surface Parameter Retrieval
Part IV - Glossary (PDF 100kb)
Part V - References (PDF 350kb)
Part VI - Do It Yourself
0. Foreword (13kb)
This section provides lectures on Basic and Advanced Radar Polarimetry and Polarimetric SAR Interferometry by Wolfgang-Martin BOERNER, Eric POTTIER, Jong-Sen LEE, Laurent FERRO-FAMIL and Shane R. CLOUDE. The lectures notes are also available within the software itself.
1. RECENT ADVANCES IN RADAR POLARIMETRY AND POLARIMETRIC SAR INTERFEROMETRY (3.1Mb)
2. BASIC CONCEPTS IN RADAR POLARIMETRY (2.4Mb)
3. ADVANCED CONCEPTS (7.7Mb)
4. POL-InSAR Training Course (1.1 Mb)
5. Polarization Coherence Tomography (PCT): a tutorial introduction (1.7 Mb)