|Date of Launch:|
|12 January 2018|
ESA and ICEYE are pleased to announce the opportunity to freely access ICEYE-X2 imagery over several demonstration sites, to assess image quality and suitability for several applications: monitoring urban, agricultural monitoring, and vessel tracking (ship detection).
ESA promotes this opportunity as a data familiarization phase before the potential formal integration into the Third Party Mission programme of the ESA Earthnet activities.
Map indicating locations of the ICEYE demonstration sites
Altogether six demonstration sites with SAR imagery acquired in Stripmap imaging mode are offered for the data quality assessment focusing on several potential applications such as urban, agricultural and vessel tracking
Urban test sites are represented by two frames
- Las Vegas. This includes the city area with distinct high-rise hotels, desert area, mountains. Scene centre: 35°56'N 115°7'W. Acquisition date January 6, 2019.
- Tanzania. This includes the city of Zanzibar on the coast of Tanzania, East Africa as well as part of Dar Es Salam. Scene centre: 6°28'S 39°19'E. Acquisition date January 21, 2019.
Agricultural test sites are represented by three frames:
- Argentina near Cordoba. Scene centre: 30°45'S 63°14'W. Acquisition date January 22, 2019
- Argentina near Rosario. Scene centre: 33°45'S 61°26'W. Acquisition date January 13, 2019
- Vietnam. Includes the delta with farming land south of Ho Chi Minh City. Scene centre: 9°54'N 106°17'E. Acquisition date January 10, 2019
Vessel tracking test site is represented by a frame over Tokyo bay:
- Tokyo Bay. This includes over 100 vessels in the bay ok Tokyo in Japan. Scene centre: 35°21'N 139°54'E. Acquisition date December 27, 2018
Data Set Specifications
Spatial and temporal coverage: 6 demonstration sites
- Las Vegas (Scene centre: 35°56'N 115°7'W. Acquisition date January 6, 2019)
- Tanzania (Scene centre: 6°28'S 39°19'E. Acquisition date January 21, 2019)
- Argentina (Scene centre: 30°45'S 63°14'W. Acquisition date January 22, 2019)
- Argentina (Scene centre: 33°45'S 61°26'W. Acquisition date January 13, 2019)
- Vietnam, (Scene centre: 9°54'N 106°17'E. Acquisition date January 10, 2019)
- Tokyo Bay (Scene centre: 35°21'N 139°54'E. Acquisition date December 27, 2018)
In the framework of the data familiarisation phase, ORTHO products are available.
This product is represented by a single Geotiff file that contains information about backscatter amplitude from each ground resolution cell, projected into a map coordinate system, compatible with modern GIS toolchains.
- 16bit integer values in linear scale, scaled to match the dynamic range of the acquisition.
- Raster is in map projected pixels. Default projection is geodetic, EPSG: 4326.
- Geotiff header contains information of the location and orientation of the raster in geographic coordinates.