The European Space Agency organised its third SAR oceanography workshop, SEASAR 2010, entitled "Advances in SAR Oceanography from ENVISAT, ERS and ESA third party missions", which was hosted at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy, from 25 to 29 January 2010.
The workshop was open to ESA Principal Investigators and co-investigators, scientists and students working in the field of SAR oceanography, and to representatives from national, European and international space agencies and value adding industry.
The main objectives of the workshop were:
- Provide a forum for ESA Principal Investigators to present results and status of AO and Cat-1 projects
- Provide a forum for scientific exchange and to assess the state-of-art in SAR Coastal and Marine Application
- Initiate and encourage close collaboration between individual research groups
- Present ENVISAT ASAR wave mode algorithms, products and validation results
- Formulate recommendations for algorithm and new products development
- To present ESA studies results on wind, wave and currents from SAR data
- Discuss the use of SAR data over Ocean and their assimilation into meteorological models
- Present SAR marine services developed under GMES framework
- Assess the available data ordering and analysis tools
- Present exploitation results from new space borne SAR systems (ALOS PALSAR, RADARSAT-2, TERRASARX, ASI COSMO SkyMed Constellation)
- Report on progress/status of recommendations of SeaSAR 2008